Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's Resolutions?

New Year's Resolutions?

I have decided that this year I would list some new year’s resolutions as I they say. I have never thought of making any before. Each year comes & goes, & I watch people on Oprah & other TV shows make sure they have some new year’s resolutions. I, on the other hand, couldn't think of at least one.

But I’m not the only one. Why? Mainly because we take life as it is. We just go with the flow. Whatever happens, happens. & that’s it. We don’t plan ahead, or foresee the future. sometimes we don’t even plan our days. Routine does not count as planning.

Sure, some of us do keep journals & to-do list & plan their entire lives, but how many are there?

When I asked a few people I know, what were their new year’s resolutions, they looked at me blankly. Some even asked what was that? But after I made the explanation, they pondered for a moment, then said, that they don’t have any.

Very fewer people, actually responded & told me that they would have some changes in their lives.

So what were the most thought of resolutions? Of course, losing weight, exercising more, eating healthy foods, saving more money, being more organised, right?

Well, yes! Every year people do the same thing. They repeat what they didn't do all year. Their resolutions!

That's why I don't wanna be like them. But that's mainly because I really don't need to. I have a lot far more interesting things I wanna do instead.

So my new year's resolutions are:

1. Explore new things
2. Study harder
3. Get a job
4. Smile more
5. See more
6. Write more

what else?

I guess that's it ... The rest is just taken for granted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails