Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

It's 1:42 am now, Kuwait local time. That means we just started the new year! (Don't mind the date on the blog, it's not set correctly.)

I love new years! Even though, I can't really feel totally happy, because a whole year just passed, that I had lots of good memories in, has just ended. I just can't easily celebrate a new thing by saying goodbye to another. It's always bitter sweet.

But this time it was different. I loved 2007 a lot. One reason as you might know (that is if you do read my blogs!) is that it has 2 of my most favorite numbers. Two & seven. And when the two combine together, like in 27, 72, or 2007 It just gets even better & better!!!!

But of course, that's not the only reason! During this year, I have developed certain improvements in my life. I have met new people, worked on my social skills, & went back to school. I have gone a long way from the last few years when I was depressed, & wouldn't even get out of the house.

In April 2007, I joined "Expression" the English Training institute (or centre, I don't know what they call it!), & applied & registered for two different courses! Yes, That's how much I loved it there. I never wanted to leave. I wish I can go back. I've met the most amazing people there, from cool tutors to lovely workers, to happy friends from all ages & nationalities. It was such a great time.

Then as soon as I finished my experience at Expression, I had applied & was accepted at AOU. I started in September. & Now I'm about to finish my first semester at college.

In 2007 I discovered what I really want to do in my life. I discovered that I loved writing, & want to pursue a career out of it. I love reading certain types of magazines & newspaper, & I would love to be a journalist. I know in order to be a journalist, I have to major in Journalism, a major AOU unfortunately does not have yet (but we'll see with time). But that does not mean I can't be a journalist just because I didn't major in journalism. I can take courses. I can train in any magazine or newspaper. I can do it if I want it. I can.

Until then, I will enjoy my English major, my first & real passion. Languages are just as music. You can't get enough of them.

Happy New Year 2008 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails