All around the world, people are joining in this fight against Climate Change or better known as Global Warming (they're not the same, though). Kuwait is one of 84 countries voting for Earth. Supported by the Voluntary Work Center, & with permission from the WWF, The Kuwait Team for Global Warming is organizing a special Earth Hour* day promoting & raising awareness for this event on Sat March 28, 2009. The event will be held in the Green Island & will start at 4:00-10:00 p.m. People will be learning more about this issue, as well as enjoying a packed up day full of events, & will be witnessing & participating in a global event thus making a stand against global warming & helping save the planet. Earth Hour will be as it always is, from 8:30 to 9:30 that night.
I’ve attended a seminar about the issue held by the team on March 11, 2009, & the even though there were no significant visitors, the spirit of the team was not down at all. They’ve conducted the seminar gracefully & we really had fun. Here are some of the pics I’ve taken:
- The team's pages on Facebook: The Earth Hour Group & Special Event pages.
- Info about Climate Change & Global Warming.
- Earth Hour official site.
- An Alrai interview with the team.
* "Earth Hour" is an annual event created to help raise awareness & make a stand against climate change by simply switching off lights for just one hour.